The Where Life Grows program was set up with the objective to empower shea collecting women, create socio-economic value in their communities, and conserve and regenerate the shea landscape in the region.
One of the key sourcing areas for Bunge Loders Croklaan is centered around the Nasia community, in the northern part of Ghana. During 2021 through 2023 we are video-documenting the daily activities of these women during shea harvesting season. We follow them during their days of shea collecting, shea processing, training and farming. The video series provides insight how our program positively impacts their livelihoods.
1. In the first video we follow the women of Nasia on a day of shea collecting
2. The second video shows the shea processing
3. The third video explains how the women access a barter system which helps them to generate an all-year-round income by growing their own vegetables
4. Video four is about sustainable agriculture; how we train and support the communities with resources to help regenerate their land and planting trees.
5. Video five explains how trainings empower the women and open doors to financial services.
We report on our activities in the shea supply chain in our transparent dashboard.